Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Regulating the Farmers' Market

As much as I can, I like to buy my food from farmers. I like farm markets, roadside stands and small town meat lockers. I like good food from those who grow and raise it. It's all under assault. This link is about one sort of assault on the family farm First Health Care Next the Food. It seems to have been a big news day. Here is another more graphic assault on the family farm and "community supported agriculture," Raw Food Market Raid.

There are politics here. With me, I once thought I was conservative. Then I thought I was liberal in the 18th and 19th century use of the word. Now, I am mostly libertarian. But all is subject to change. The one thing I do know, it's pretty hard to market homemade, artisan pork and beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment